Parousia Christian Magazine welcomes submissions for fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and visual art. We are very interested in Christian Literature that has impregnable voices, fascinating stories, and creative narrative technique. Same goes for visual art: thought provoking, capturing, enchanting, innovative, eye-catching. We welcome News, Opinions, Think Piece, Diary Note, Lifestyle, Travels, Reviews, Food, Health, and other forms of Articles that are healthy for Christian Living.
We need column writers and regular contributors, so if you are up, reach us. We accept work from both emerging and established writers/artists. We accept previously published work (Kindly state when and where) but previously unpublished work will be given consideration first. Simultaneous submissions are allowed but please send a mail immediately your work has been accepted somewhere else. All submission should be the original work of the contributors.
General Submission Guidelines
- Submit by emailing us at email@example.com. Submission can be sent at any time, we are open for submission all year round (January to December).
- In the email subject line, please include the genre of your submission (Subject: POETRY SUBMISSION).
- If you are submitting fiction, nonfiction, or poetry, please attach as a word document (.docx, doc). Poetry can be pasted in the body of the mail.
- If you are submitting Interviews, Reviews (Books, Music, Movie, Event etc.), attach as a word document (.docx, .doc).
- If you are submitting visual art, please attach a pdf or include a link to your portfolio.
- Submissions in Word Doc or Pdf, name the file as your name and genre (e.g. John Peter – Poetry).
- Biography must not be more than 100 words. State where you are writing from (e.g. Seattle, USA).
- You might consider including some information about yourself in your query or cover letter —who you are, previous publications, links to your social media, etc.
- A good quality picture of yourself. Also, you may send along feature images you will want to appear in the publication and credit the source.
- Submission is FREE.
- At this time, we are unable to compensate writers.
- Please allow up to one month for us to reply to your submission.
- Rights revert to authors upon publication.
Send one story up to 8000 words.Only submit one story/essay at a time. Do not send multiple stories/essays in one submission. Please double-space.
Send one story up to 1000 words.Only submit one story/essay at a time. Do not send multiple stories/essays in one submission.Please double-space.
Send one essay or memoir up to 5000 words.Only submit one story/essay at a time. Do not send multiple stories/essays in one submission.Please double-space.
Send one not more than 1500 words. Only submit one story/essay at a time. Do not send multiple stories/essays in one submission.Please double-space.
Send your best poems not more than 3:typed, single-spaced12 pt.,Attach as one .doc, .docx
We are looking for photography, illustrations, graphic design, and other forms of artistic expression to feature.We may post art on our social media sites (credited to the artist, of course).Submissions must be adaptable to accommodate the space, so send us your work with good quality.
WE ACCEPT CHAPBOOK MANUSCRIPTS IN POETRY, FICTION AND PHOTOGRAPHY.
A COMPLETE SUBMISSION SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Your manuscript with only a title followed by a complete table of contents
- A cover letter that includes your name, address, telephone, email, and a signed statement that all the poems are your own original work.
- A title page that also includes your name and contact information.
- An acknowledgements page. A number of your poems included in your chapbook manuscript may be previously published, but you must have reprint right and include an acknowledgements page providing the appropriate acknowledgements of previous publisher. We give priority to previously unpublished work.
- Book Description not more than 200 words, Biography not more than 150 words and Author Picture must be included.
Send your submission as an email with the right attachments in .doc, .docx. (No PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org.